Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Unfold

Sometimes there are lyrics that just touch me to the core. I found this song today on Myspace and it says so much and I have felt these feelings countless times in my life. I have struggled with overcoming my shy nature. I am improving in many area's but I still have such a hard time in others. I am blessed to have such safety with my husband. I just hope that someday I will not have to work so hard to "Unfold". The title of this post will take you to Marie Digby singing this song, she is definitly talented.

unfold :
by: Marie Digby

what i can remember is a lot like water
trickling down a page of the most beautiful colors
i can’t quite put my finger down on the moment
that i became like this...

you see i am the bravest girl
you will ever come to meet
yet i shrink down to nothing
at the thought of someone really seeing me
i think my heart is wrapped around
and tangled up in winding weeds

but i dont wanna go on living
being so afraid of showing
someone else my imperfections
and even though my feet
are trembling and every
word i say comes stumbling
i will bare it all... watch me unfold unfold

these hands that i hold
behind my back are bound and broken
by my own doing and i can’t feel
anything anymore i need a touch
to remind me i’m still real

but i dont wanna go on living
being so afraid of showing someone else my imperfections
and even though my feetare trembling
and every word i say comes stumbling

i will bare it all... watch me unfold
unfold my soul it’s dying to be free you see..
i can’t live the rest of my lifeso guarded
it’s dying to be free it’s up to me to choose...

what kind of life i leadbut i dont wanna go on living
being so afraid of showing someone else my imperfections
and even though my feet are trembling
and every word i say comes stumbling
i will bare it all... watch me unfold unfold

i will allow someone to love me
i will allow someone to love me.

No comments: