Sunday, July 23, 2006

The 2006 Family Reunion

I just returned home from my family reunion this evening. We spent the weekend in Ocean City, Washington. I have to admit I am partial to the Oregon Coast, it was a beautiful weekend on the Washington coast however. The families stayed in little cabins about two miles from the beach. It was a neat little set up. The big story for me was the fact that I found out that two of my cousins were at school over here and we didn't even know we were related. I have a very large extended family and I can't keep track of them, so I came to rely on my grandparents to inform me if I have any relatives nearby. Apparently I'm not the only one who can't keep track of everyone, I can't blame my grandparents for they can't know everything (I guess).
A long story short two of my 3rd cousins (I think its 3rd) and I had been attending church together for a whole semester and never figured out that we were related. My family got a real kick out of the whole situation.
They also loved hearing about the million dollar dog.. Okay maybe it was the 3,000 dollar dog. My Moms Pomeranian had surgery on both her knees to fix a birth defect and people find that very amusing. If you knew my mother you would know that fixings Polar's knees was the only option.
We all ended the weekend with some new memories, a few laughs, and some sunburns. All in all it was worth the very long drive from Pullman to the Ocean. Now its back to the real world, one more week of class, more fun times at work (ha), while nursing my sunburns.

No comments: