Saturday, April 11, 2009

New Calling

I have just began a new calling in church. I am the in Young Women's program, serving as the Beehive Adviser. I accepted the calling with little reservations, but now as I am preparing to teach these precious young women I fear that I won't be able to meet the needs of these young women. I remember my years of young womens. I remember having leaders who made me feel loved, included, and a special part of the church. They taught me what it meant to be a daughter of God, and they touched my life in many ways that I cannot begin to explain. These leaders were vital in my conversion and maintance of church membership during my teenage years. I know that God will not give us more than we can handle, I am still worried that I won't be able to love and serve these young women like I need to. I am humbled to be in this position, and looking forward to learning and growing in this new calling. Despite my worries I know that as I prayerfully prepare for each Sunday and each activity the Lord will help me to lead these young women.

No comments: